Outdoor Party games – KerPlunk
If you are ever stuck for a few last minute party games then try this. It takes approximately 5 minutes to construct and yet provides hours of fun (or at 30 minutes!)
What you need:
- Approximately 1m of garden fence wire (the stuff you would use on vegatable patches etc)
- A large tub (either an old flower pot or bucket will do)
- About 20 garden sticks
- A bag of plastic balls
How to make it:
- Simply bend the wire round so that it forms a tube shape (approximately 50cm in diameter)
- Place over the tub (if the tub is very big you can place the wire inside the tub)
- The sticks used must be about 10-15cm longer than the diameter of the wire
- Poke the sticks through the wire, from one side and out the other, to create a criss cross formation (as you would with the table top version of KerPlunk)
- Add the balls on top of the sticks ensuring none fall through at this stage!
How does the game work:
- If you haven’t come across KerPlunk in a previous life then the rules are as follows but you can adapt them to however you wish to play it….
- Each child takes it in turns to gently pull out a stick from the construction. Once a ball falls through that person has lost but can still carry on pulling out sticks. The very last person remaining who hasn’t let a ball fall through is the winner.
Here are some pictures of the one we made ourselves!
There are many more great outdoor party games ideas on our Pinterest boards, click here