Sandwich fillings – Children’s party food ideas
Try some of these sandwich filler ideas for a children’s party! You can vary the type of bread, fill some pittas or wraps, use finger rolls cut into small bite size sections or make them all for some variety.
- Children often prefer ‘crusts-off’ sandwiches, if using bread. Make a combination of white and wholemeal bread sandwiches and alternate them on a platter to make them look more interesting.
- You could even cut the sandwiches in to shapes to match your party theme if you want. For instance cut ‘round’ sandwiches and make into a caterpillar if you’re having a Hungry Caterpillar Party.
- Similarly, you can use cookie cutters to make all sorts of shaped sandwiches.
- If you are feeling really creative you can add fruit and veggies cut into shapes, to make faces on the sandwiches. Olives and raisins made good eyes and cut peppers are great for making mouth shapes.
In this article:
- Popular Kids Sandwich Fillings:
- Making Sandwich Fillings:
- Vegetarian Sandwich Ideas:
- Sweet Sandwich Ideas:
Here are some ideas for popular sandwich fillings for kids parties.
- Tuna mayonnaise sandwiches
- Tuna, sweetcorn and mayonnaise sandwiches
- Ham and cucumber sandwiches
- Ham and tomato (tomato sliced thinly) sandwiches
- Soft Cheese and cucumber sandwiches
- Hard Cheese and ham sandwiches
- Simple Cheese sandwiches (mild cheese)
- Egg mayonnaise sandwiches
- Marmite sandwiches
- Smooth jam sandwiches
- Chicken, mayonnaise and sweetcorn sandwiches
- Houmous and cucumber sandwiches
Here are some ways to make the more complicated sandwich fillings for kids parties.
Tuna Mayo Sandwiches
Mix canned tuna (tuna in spring water is best – not oil or brine) with mayo, and reduced-salt sweetcorn if you like.
Egg Mayo Sandwiches
“Mash” boiled eggs with a fork and mix with mayonnaise. Optional to add finely chopped cress too.
Houmous and Salad Sandwiches
Spread bread with Houmous instead of butter. Top with salad, some cucumber or grated carrot for a change.
Chicken and Houmous Sandwiches
Spread bread with Houmous instead of butter. And add thinly sliced roast chicken
Coronation Chicken Sandwiches
Mix chopped cooked chicken with some mayonnaise, mild curry powder/paste and a little mango chutney. Add some sultanas, chopped apricots or sweetcorn too if you like.
Here are some ideas for vegetarian sandwich fillings for kids parties.
- Grated cheese
- Cheese spread
- Cream cheese
- Quorn slices and salad
- Cottage cheese with pineapple
- Cheese and grated carrot with a little mayo
- Veggie sausage sandwiches
- Egg mayonnaise (it’s optional to add cress as some children may think it’s too peppery)
Here are some ideas for sweet sandwich fillings for kids parties.
- High-fruit jam or fruit spread (like ‘no-bits’ strawberry jam, apricot or raspberry jam)
- Nut-free chocolate spread
- Lemon curd
- Banana (mashed with honey is good!)
Party Food Ideas for Children’s Parties:
We have plenty of other party food ideas to share with you, such as Rainbow party food ideas and Planning a 4 year olds party, for example. If you have ideas for children’s party food and you’d like to share them, please do let our party team know who’d love to hear from you.