Halloween Jelly worms – good enough to eat!
Create a fabulous Halloween party!
Here’s how to make these super scary, wiggly worms to frighten off your trick or treaters! Then there will be more for you to eat!
What do you need?
- 70-100 Plastic bendy straws
- 1 elastic band and a straight sided container (e.g. glass)
- 1 packet of jelly
- 2 sachets of gelatine
- 100ml double cream
- 2-3 drops of food colouring (optional)
How do you do it?
- Stretch the straws out fully (to create the wrinkly bits)
- Tie the straws together tightly using the elastic band and place upright in the container. It must be a tight fit or you will loose too much jelly over the sides
- Dissolve the jelly in a measuring jug as instructed on the packet and then dissolve the gelatine into the jelly (this helps to keep the worms firm).
- Mix the cream into the jelly mixture
- Gently pour the mixture into the straws ensuring they are filled as best as possible. It’s ok if some goes over the side as long as the straws are filled.
- Put in the fridge for 4-5 hours minimum, to set
- Take out of the fridge and gently wiggle the straws free of the container (don’t pull directly up as you will loose a few ‘worms’ from the suction)
- Separate 4-5 straws at a time and using a rolling pin, gently squeeze the jelly out of the straws to form your worms.
- Preparation tip: lay the straws flat on greaseproof paper and roll from one end to the other continuously to get the longest worms
Afterwards they should look a little like this:
Check out our Pinterest boards for lots more gruesome and gorry Halloween party ideas!
NB: The brands used in this photograpghy are not endorsed by Fabulous Partyware